My Super-Fast Christmas Pudding
You will need:
A microwave oven
An individual size microwave-proof pudding mould
cling-film to cover
2oz Dried Sultanas
2oz Dried Mixed Fruit
1level dessertspoon of cut mixed peel
1 dessertspoon of Black Treacle
1 slice of thick bread (crusts removed)
1 teaspoon of Sherry
1 dessertspoon of Dark Rum
1 teaspoon of Brandy
Pure white vegetable lard for greasing (most important)
1) Grease your pudding mould fairly thickly with the vegetable lard. (in other words so that you can see a coating)
2) Measure-out dried Sultanas, Fruit and Mixed peel and place in a bowl.
3) Take your piece of bread (crusts removed) and break the slice into small pieces and place in the bowl with the fruit.
4) Add the treacle and the Sherry, Rum and Brandy, and mix really well until it looks like (picture 1) and the treacle has covered the bread and fruit, giving it the traditional Christmas pudding colour. picture 1
5) Now mix again with your hands until it forms a stiff-ball. You can now place it into your mould.
6) Press the pudding mix down gently but firmly into your mould with the back of a large spoon.
7) Cover mould top with cling-film and pierce film a few times. (see picture2)
8) Cook in microwave on full power for 45 seconds based on a 750w microwave.
9) Allow to stand for one minute as per microwave instructions, then tap sides of mould before turning-out onto a serving plate. (see Picture3 which shows serving suggestion of non-dairy cream and homemade brandy butter )
I hope you enjoy this recipe which I hope to have available in my next cookbook, but don't let that stop you getting my first cookbook which is available from me here. Also, if you have tried and like this recipe, please make a comment on my guestbook. Thank You